Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall for Me!

Happy fall everybody!  Autumn is in full bloom here and I'm loving it.  The leaves are just starting to change, the air is fresh and crispy, and Halloween (the best holiday of the year) is just a few weeks away.  The only thing I don't love about this particular October is that I turned 30 last week.  I'm not one of those women (yeah I can't say girl anymore, I'm officially a woman) who's always lying about her age, but 30 is just so... I don't know, but I'm not thrilled about it.


Besides that minor chronological hiccup, Jameson and I are happy and healthy and trying to experience everything Tennessee has to offer.  I just found out that there's an elephant sanctuary west of Nashville where an elephant named Tara and a yellow lab named Bella are best friends!  I watched this whole special on Animal Planet about unlikely animal pals and found out about this dynamic duo who live a few hours away.  Well it's like 5 hours away, but I think the drive would be worth seeing a elephant and a dog who love each other don't you?  I'm going and Jameson can come if he wants to.  


Speaking of furry friends, I have made a few of my own.  Although we're not allowed to have a dog in our condo, I'm not giving up on my need for canine companionship.  A few weeks ago Jameson and I visited the local animal shelter and became volunteer dog walkers.   Because they are overflowing with unwanted puppies, (how that's true, I have no clue) I can get a new puppy every day of the week!  Yes I have to take them back after a few hours which is really hard, but it's better than no puppy at all.  I take them to the park and try to teach them tricks.  It doesn't work, but I love it!  Last time I dropped one off I spotted two new puppies that were begging me to play with them.  I don't think I'm ready for two at a time, but I'll probably try it anyway.  It's remarkable how happy puppies can make you feel. 


I hope you're all doing well and loving life.  If you're not, spend a day with a puppy.  I promise you'll feel better.



I named this guy Blue.  He looked just like a pound puppy.  Remember those?

This was the first guy I took to the park.  He was super fat.  

So cute.

The UT game.  It was fun until it wasn't.  We got rained out. 

Our friends, Matt & Sarah.  Matt works at Kiewit too.

Hiking in the Smokies.  Why do they always look  so smoky?

This was at Clingman's Dome.  It's a tower at the highest point in Smokies.  It was really beautiful.




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a little late. I hope it was a good one. SO that what you are doing to keep busy, walking puppies? Sounds fun. We want a dog too but we are renting and can't have one. Hope all is well. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pound puppy comment... those were great!! Sounds like all is going well is the south land... oh and I love your Halloweenyish blog design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete